Microservice Decomposition Patterns
3 hour online training
Evolutionary patterns for breaking down your monolith into microservices
Many people interested in adopting microservice architectures already have lots of valuable working software that uses different architectures. Rather than throwing all that away and undertaking a "Big Bang" rewrite, you can save time, headaches, and money by adapting what you already have and incrementally adopting a microservice architecture.
Join expert Sam Newman to explore a number of techniques that allow you to incrementally migrate from existing monolithic applications or vendor-based software to microservice architectures. You'll learn how to make the necessary architectural changes to adopt microservices without needing to resort to a "Big Bang" rewrite. Sign up today to discover how to keep your customers happy today while building a platform for tomorrow.
What you'll learn-and how you can apply it
By the end of this live online course, you’ll understand:
- How to prioritize what to migrate first
- How to keep your existing software running and serving customers while moving functionality to a new architecture
- How to break down migration into multiple discrete steps
And you’ll be able to:
- Use a variety of migration patterns in different contexts to make adopting microservices easier
- See architecture less as a static, nonchanging entity and more as something you must continuously change to make sure it’s fit for its purpose
This training course is for you because…
- You're currently struggling with a large monolithic system.
- You have a big COTS product you want to replace with your own solution.
- You want to incrementally migrate toward a microservice architecture.
A basic understanding of microservices is important. As a recommendation, you should have attended by Microservice Fundamentals class.