Serverless Fundamentals For Microservices
3 Hour Online Video
A 3 hour course introducing Serverless, and looking at how it relates to Microservice architectures
Serverless technology offers an attractive proposition: it frees us from much of the administration work we've worried about in the past, giving us more time to focus on building great software. But there's a lot of hype around the technology too. In this video series, microservices expert Sam Newman explains what serverless is, dives into the details of the features it provides, highlights its challenges, and shares his insights on how to get the best out of it. You'll come away with a concrete understanding of how to use serverless technology to implement microservice architecture and how to best integrate serverless into your existing applications.
- Understand what serverless means, the concepts that make it valuable, and its use cases
- Discover the different types of serverless products and how they're used
- Learn about function as a service, backend as a service, and messaging and storage platforms
- Explore challenges that come with BAAS and FAAS (e.g., vendor lock-in, performance, and security)
- See how concepts from microservices map onto a serverless world
You can view a more detailed list of the content over at Safari.